Just Getting Started?
We're here to help.
Next, ask the right questions:
We know there is a lot to think about when touring and meeting communities. These are very specific, important questions to help you narrow down your options and figure out whether a community is right for you.
- What kind of experience and training does your staff possess?
- Can staff administer medications?
- Do you have experience with Alzheimer’s? Parkinson’s? Diabetes? (or the specific diagnosis of your loved one)
- Do you do an initial assessment prior to admission?
- What types of apartments are available?
- What is the monthly cost per apartment type?
- If there is a waiting list, how many are on it, and what is the policy?
- Tell me about some of the current residents.
- May I meet another family with a loved one at the community?
- Do you have any outdoor space?
Do you have an activities calendar?
- What types of security and safety measures do you have in place?
- Do you have transportation for doctor’s appointments?
- What additional services are available if the needs of a resident change?
- What are your billing and payment policies?
- Are all services included in the monthly fee? If not, what and how much are additional services?
- Do you offer hospice and end-of-life care?