New Hospice In Patient Unit Chicago Southland Suburbs
Alexi Senior Living is proud to announce the ground breaking of our new Hospice Inpatient Unit. This facility will provide exceptional care to hospice patients who are unable to comfortable manage their pain or symptoms at home. This 14 bed facility is a partnership between Alexi Senior Living and Lightways Hospice and Serious Illness Care.
Lightways was founded in 1982 and is the largest non profit hospice in the state of Illinois. Lightways provides exceptional serious illness care, hospice care, and grief support for adults and children. Alexi Senior Living offers first class assisted living and memory care in a comfortable, friendly environment in Matteson, IL near I-80, I-57 and I-294. Family owned and operated, Alexi Senior Living prides itself on creating a community where every resident is cherished and stays connected.
What qualifies for Inpatient Hospice Care?
Indications of the need for inpatient hospice care may include:
- Sudden deterioration requiring intensive nursing intervention
- Uncontrolled pain
- Uncontrolled nausea and vomiting
- Pathological fractures
- Respiratory distress that becomes unmanageable
- Symptom relief via intravenous medications that require close monitoring
- Wound care requiring complex and/or frequent dressing changes that cannot be managed in the patient’s residence
- Unmanageable agitation or restlessness that requires intensive intervention
- Uncontrolled seizures
- Minor procedures to aid in the comfort of the patient, such as removing fluid from the belly area (paracentesis) or inserting a permanent drain or tube